> But Excel2000 has a LOT more functionality than Lotus 123 version 1 had!
> Plus Lotus 123 ver 1 cost (not counting inflation) MORE then than the
> professional version of Office 2000 (including Word, PowerPoint and Access)
> cost now!! PLUS the 8086 PC cost 3 times (not counting inflation) MORE than
> my p3-800 PC !!! IF you consider inflation where the dollar is now only hlaf
> as valuable, I think things have gotten MUCH better, and this is a bad
> comparison, don't you Paul?

For me it is a valid comparison. If you need all the extra functionality, then please
use
it and I really hope you are happy with it. The jungle of menu options that are in the
new
version (I know someone that uses it), with options jumping from the used to unused
sides
of the menu, are boggling me.

Please understand that all opinions that I vent are mine. (Of course, for a small
contribution they can be yours too ;-)

Use what you need. If that means keeping up with the latest standards that Microsoft
imposes on its software, so mote it be.

Paul