I'm not having much luck with sound.
I installed Mandrake onto another computer (where again W98 has sound),
and I get the same sort of error messages - seem to point to INT and I/O
conflicts.
Thing is, whatever combination of these I try, sound doesn't work. Nor
does it help to allow the BIOS to automatically organise the PNP/ISA
settings.
I know at least one other person on the list has been having the same
problem recently.
Not much documentation on this subject to be found.
Tried:
hardrake
sndconfig
modprobe