"Kenneth Legg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've installed star office but can not get it to run under any account
other
> than root. I installed it under my own account not the root account but
> still can only run it as root. I've tried adding my self to other groups
but
> can still not run the application. I also tried to change the permissions
> but without success. I'm running Mandrake 7.2 and Star Office 5.1.
>
> Kenneth Legg
===================
You need to now install SO as user.  Choose "network" install and the program
will install about 3mb in your user directory, in effect, giving you a user
account to use the office suite.  You'll need to do that for every user you
wish to give access to SO.
HTH,
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://home.netscape.com/webmail