Sometimes things just work.

7.2 Mandrake went on easier (much) than Win/98.  Quite a pleasant surprise.
I haven't tried the modems, yet, but all the basic stuff went in without a
hitch, excepting my 640 x 480 Zenith Flatscreen, which the install code
didn't like in combo with my 3D Blaster Savage4 card.  I substituted a 1024
x 768 Optiquest 17" while the install was still running and it worked.

System config:

Gigabyte 6BXDS Dual Pentium MB (with IDE and Dual Adaptec 3895 UW SCSI
Channels)
2 - Intel PIII 600's
512 mb SDRAM
2 - Seagate 18xl 5.4 ms UW SCSI 9.1 gb drives (one on each channel)
1 - IBM SCSI CD Boot
1 - Ricoh IDE CDRW MP7040A (not tested, yet)
1 - Motorola ModemSurfr 33.6k Internal Voice Modem
1 - US Robotics 56k Ext Voice Modem Pro (probably won't work), have
Actiontec 56k Voice to swap
2 - SMC 10/100 Fast PCI Ethernet cards (from CDW for under $20 ea)
1 - Creative Ensoniq PCI Sound board (not tested)

The 2nd Barracuda didn't get partitioned by the install, automatically, but
I'm sure thats not major...

BobC