Is there a way to fix multiple entries....in the Kmenu
system?

after an attempt of installing an app called: "rmagic" for
analog

(which also used CPAN to install some needed modules)

I now have multiple entries of everything in my kmenu...
there's 4 entries of each app...

I re-installed kdebase 2.0...which fixed it momentarily
last night...but when I just logged on tonight...it's back
to multiple entries again.  Then I tried menu editor and
that
helped for a short time...but it's back again also.

I tried re-installing menu, and everything else I could
think of
in RPMs....I tried SUing to root...and commanding:
update-menus -v

and menueditor
both in user, and in root mode

how can I fix this...?????????????????