Hey Ty,

> ...I  haven't been able to figure out in Mandrake 7.2 is why
> can't I switch consoles using the norml ctrl alt f1-f7?  I'm
> not in xwindows when attemtping to do this...

> When I try nothing happens...

  I might suggest that you might just be impatient.  I've noticed
that there's some sort of delay.  Have you, say, done the usual,
but actually lifted your fingers off of Ctl & Alt & waited a
couple of seconds?  When first in lm, I wasn't expecting any
dealy & went through all the F keys before I'd tried lifting off
the keys & waiting before succeeding in switching consols.

  FWIW.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux