When you're NOT running X, I think switching consoles is simply Alt F1-F7,
without the Ctrl key. When you ARE running X, then you need to add the Ctrl
key. At least, that's how it works on my system (7.2), and I haven't made
any changes.

Dave

At 07:47 PM 01/16/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm new to mandrake distrib but not to FreeBSD and Redhat.  One thing I
>haven't been able to figure out in Mandrake 7.2 is why can't I switch
>consoles using the norml ctrl alt f1-f7?  I'm not in xwindows when
>attemtping to do this...
>
>When I try nothing happens...I don't know where this is setup, so I don't
>know how to troubleshoot it...
>
>I've done multiple installs (for various reasons) and it's always the same..
>
>can anyone help?
>
>thanks in advance :)
>Ty

Dave Sherman
SoftServ Business Systems, Inc.

"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."