you've got an A7v?  Promise 100 controller?  the mandrake 7.2 installer
down't recognize that controller correctly at boot time.  You have to
pass the loader a command to get it to work.  I can't remember the hack
though ;-(  Try looking at http://www.mandrakeforum.com for it.  You
could also search the archives for this list.

Abe