Be aware of any IRQ sharing with the promise controller.  In windows
sharing seems to work ok with that device but I've had some serious
problems in linux.  The (can't remember for sure) third or fourth pci
slot from the top (agp slot) always shares with the promise controller.
If you really have problems you may need to move that device to a
different slot altogether.

Abe