"Jesse C. Chang" wrote:

> Romanator wrote:
>
> > Lately, I have been using Enlightenment (more like fooling around with
> > it). Other than having cool looking effects, how the heck to you create
> > shortcuts and view the folders in the directory?
>
> Until E 0.17 and EFM come out, you'll have to use another file manager,
> like GMC, Nautilus, DFM, KFM, etc.  Or you can open a terminal window, of
> course, if you don't mind working at the command line.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by shortcuts, though.  You can edit many of the
> menus by going into ~/.enlightenment and editing any *.menu file with your
> favorite text editor (vim, pico, etc.).  Or if you want desktop icon-type
> shortcuts, edit the contents of the .gnome-desktop/ folder (ln -s ...) and
> starting up GMC.  You can do the same with KFM, but I forget where the
> desktop shortcuts are.  And I'm too lazy to install DFM - I'd rather just
> wait for EFM, and use GMC in the meantime.  :)
>
> If you haven't already, try reading Enlightenment Help.  Middle-click on
> the desktop and it should be in the menu.
>
> Jesse
>
> --
>    !!   Jesse C. Chang      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  [___]
>   `|'   "I have the simplest tastes.  I am always
>   /|\   satisfied with the best."  -- Oscar Wilde

Hi Jesse,

When I mean't by shortcuts(sorry for the Windose terminology), I was
referring to links on the virtual desktop. I would like to open and/or
point to a specific application.
By default, Enlightenment has nothing, and you have to go through a maze
of questions before you get anything. What happened to autoboot to KDE?

How did it Enlightenment set itself as the default graphical virtual
desktop? I used to have KDE as my default autoboot for user. I would
like to pick and choose my default. I can't reset it back to KDE. There
must be some sort of .conf file for this? And, I'm not too crazy about
reinstalling the entire Linux OS.

An ideas?

--
Roman