Ok. I have still been unable to get the latest version of Enlightenment to
compile. I thought that maybe if I tried removing the current version of
Enlightenment (the one that came with Mandrake 7.2) and tried compiling the
new one it might fix itself. Yes, in retrospect this was a dumb idea, but I
had no other ideas.

So I removed Enlightenment and the new version still didn't compile. It's
still complaining about not being able to find IMLIB_CONFIG, even though I
know it's there. I've even installed a newer version. Blah. The gods don't
want me to use Enlightenment it seems.

So, I gave up on getting the latest version of Enlightenment to compile. I
tried to reinstall the older version from my Mandrake CDs through RPMDrake.
It told me that it needed to install several required libraries. I said ok.
It then complained that the versions of these libraries that I had on my
system were newer than the ones it wanted to install. I said ok. The install
crapped out. I think that's probably a bug. It seems to me that having newer
libraries than what's necessary shouldn't make an install crap out.

My next attempt was to try and install the enlightenment rpm from the
command line. It gave me some sort of "dump" error that I didn't understand
and crapped out.

How am I going to get Enlightenment on my box? Does anyone have any ideas?
This is getting pretty annoying. I'll post more specifics on the errors I'm
getting if it helps. This really shouldn't be this difficult, should it?

Tim Goodaire
[EMAIL PROTECTED]