did you partition the rest into more than one partition i.e. /usr /home etc.?
did you use reiserfs? i installed lm7.2 onto a machine and thoughtlessly
forgot to deselect the reiserfs package on installation and only realised i
had done this when using partition magic i noticed that i couldn't resise my
linux partitions

bascule