The problem most likely stems from the way the partitions were made.
Use the SysCom partitioning tool to delete the extended partition and then
to create it again with however many logical linux partitions you choose
then during the Mandrake installation use DiskDrake only for mounting and
formatting the partitions.

The only time I have used the SysCom OS Wizard was to install BeOS and that
is because the Be bootloader is not installed unless written to the MBR and
the OS Wizards allows SysCom to pick-up the boot record.
All the other installations on that system were done by setting the BIOS to
boot from CD-ROM
and inserting the installation CD. When the install completes all that is
necessary is to toggle the needed partition as bootable and it is added to
SysCom as a boot option.

I have done it a few times. I have a 45GB and a 15GB hd on that system with
all OSes being booted by SysCom2000.
Those include Win98, BeOS, Storm, Caldera, Suse, VA Red Hat, and Mandrake
and I have tried others.

   Charles  (-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.