On 1/23/01 1:50 AM, "L. H. LOO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John,
>
> Go into kppp setup, edit the modem timeout :360; Guard time 255 and try
> again.  HTH
>
> At 22-01-2001 -0500, you wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a Pentium 133Mhz running MDK 7.2 with kernel-2.4.0-5mdk.  When I
>> try to connect to the internet using Kppp, it tells me, after the login
>> process, that pppd has died unexpectedly.  Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>> Thanks,
>> John

Hi thanks for all the tips.  I'm happy to report that I got my Linux box on
the internet.  The problem was that I used a precompiled Mandrake kernel
which was not compiled with ppp support.  So, it was just a matter of
installing the appropriate modules.  I figured this out when I started kppp
from the command line hoping to get some error messages.  Anyway, thanks
again,

John