FWIW,  I've been doing all of Chris upgrades, and thru the 20010109
update, they were problem free.  With the 20010115, and 0118 updates I
began to have some 'unsolvable' difficulties.  When I first tried the
latest 20010122 KDE2b2 updates the problems continued.  So I took Chris'
advice in his KDE2b2 README _literally_:
<Chris>
"How I installed on a clean 7.2 machine:
1. Installed 7.2 - Developer build/custom install"

    Now I infer from these statements that the best results are gonna be
by doing a clean 7.2 install and then the KDE2b2 update following the
rest of Chris' steps exactly.  I can report that I did a wipe and clean
7.2 install, and followed ALL of Chris' instructions to the letter.  As a
result I have 7.2 with KDE2b2 that is very quick, responsive, and
absolutely problem free.  Kmail, Knode, et al, are flawless.  No more
menu problems, and apps start promptly, no more annoying pause.

   Thanks for the great update and instructions Chris!
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Galveston Bay