> I went on Wednesday guys, but forgot the digital camera :-(  I'll give
> my impressions in comparison to last year's event.  This one was much
> more polished, professional if you will, by comparison.  It was also,
> IMO much more geared toward business and corporate users. Also, last

Another thing that I noticed was that last year, there were more
distributions represented there. This year there seemed to be a big push
on security and embedded apps.

> year I think about 2-3% of attendees were women.  this year I'd
> guesstimate about 10% were women.  IBM, Mandrake, VA Linux, had HUGE
> presence.  Infact, VA actually hosted an open bar during the exhibition
> hours (Bless them ;o) ).  IBM hosted an absolutely outrageous party
> after hours (6-10 pm) with tons of food, top shelf liquor and import
> beers (all free -- I guess they're pushing "free" as in "free beer" 8^)

Unfortunately I had to go to work on Wednesday and went on Thursday, and
missed the parties.....  Maybe next year..

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)