Thanks to Meph and others who replied to my original question.  I've looked
a little further and can give some more details, so I am going to send this
again.  Does anyone know what DB2 refers to?????  All I want to do is _get
rid_ of the following daily message:
    From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Anacron)
    To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Subject:   Anacron job 'cron.daily'
    DB2 problem...: Missing or empty key value specified
    slocate:  this is not a valid slocate database:
/var/lib/slocate/slocate.db
--------------------------
slocate.db is a list of *.dll (obviously Windows files)    Why?????
Another file (/usr/bin/slocate.cron) is as follows:
    "udf,nfs,smbfs,ncpfs,proc,devpts,iso9660,usvdevfs" -e
"/tmp,/var/tmp,/usr/tmp,/afs,/net"
--------------------------
The following files (/var/spool/cron/ directory) consist of numbers that
don't seem to follow the date and time format:
    cron.daily -- 20010131
    cron.weekly -- 20010127
    cron.monthly -- 20010127
--------------------------
I have also found, via the kcron utility (/usr/bin/kcron), that I have no
crontab files for root, bin, daemon, adm, lp, sync, shutdown, halt, mail,
news, uucp, operator, games, named,sympa, gopher, ftp, nobody, xfs, htdig,
postfix, gdm, and my two non-root users.  Kcron looks like the way to
make/edit these files after I find documentation.
/var/log/cron/info shows that my cron jobs are mostly logging the start/stop
of the process, updating the time-stamps, and the command:  /sbin/rmmod -as.

At this point, I just want to get rid of the DB2 message!  Thanks a lot ....
to anyone who can point to a solution.

Jacqueline Michell

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com