On Monday 05 February 2001 09:38 am, regarding Re: [newbie] Not a question,
you said:
>  Rob wrote:
>  >The only thing I am having
>  > problems with is my CDRW - I have followed the  tutorial but it still
>  > will not work. I thinkj it may be something to do with permissions and
>  > the fact that the CDRW is showing twice both as an IDE drive(which it
>  > really
>
>  is )and
>
>  > configured under LM as a SCSI.
>
>  I'm having exactly the same problem as you Rob and not being able to
> access my CDRW is holding me back from exploring Linux further.  I've been
> searching for a cure for this problem but no luck so far
>
>  Graham

It's configured both ways because so far to burn in linux you have to scsi
emulate AFAIK. put a premade cd into the drive .go into the GUI which results
from clicking on the 2 file folder-icon in the bottom of your screen. go up
one level. click on the cdrom labelled icon which doesn't have a lock on
it...what happens? if you get a directory listing of the contents, then what
you really want to know is how to configure a given software program
to burn with cuz the hardware part is already ok.
--

-michael-