Hello,

I recently installed StarOffice 5.2 (SO) on my Linux-Mandrake 7.2 system, and
I must say it is really cool. The only problem I have with it are some
inconsistencies and cosmetic problems with its integration into KDE.

The folder entry for SO in the K menu does not have an icon to the left of
its name like the rest of the entries in the menu. I figured I could fix this
using the menu editor (menudrake), but the entry for SO does not show up at
all in the menu editor. Worse yet if you edit anything with the menu editor
then save your changes the SO entry is completely removed from the K menu.

This makes me think that SO setup program inserted items into the K menu by
some non-standard unsupported means. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell
me how to clean this up so that menudrake can see and manupulate the SO
entries in the K menu.

BTW When I installed SO I did the net install option as root which placed the
whole 250MB SO install in /usr/share/office52. I then logged into my normal
user account and ran /usr/share/office52/program/setup which installed about
3MB of stuff in ~/office52.

Thanks Much
David Nelson