I always used the static configuration, but a techie that was here this week
changed my line and my modem and reconfigured my windoze partition to use DHCPD.
I never had that working before under linux, but after searching Deja for usenet
information, I came across the following, which worked:

"Yes, you have to manually edit a file, but it is not too complicated.

 If I remember correctly, as root, edit the following file: /sbin/ifup

 Look for a section that looks like this:

 f [ "XXX$DHCP_CLIENT" != "XXX" ];then
 case $(basename $DHCP_CLIENT) in
     dhcpcd)
     [ -n "$DHCP_HOSTNAME" ] && DHCP_ARGS="-h $DHCP_HOSTNAME"     [ -n
"$NEEDHOSTNAME" ] && DHCP_ARGS="$DHCP_ARGS -H"
 DHCP_ARGS="$DHCP_ARGS -h chomehostname $DEVICE"
     ;;

 You can see that I have added the parameters "-h chomehostname". Replace
"chomehostname" with your @Home hostname.

 I *think* that's how I got things to work, I don't remember clearly. This is
done on LM 7.2, and assumes that you are using the dhcpcd client. It also
 assumes that you have tried to manually call dhcpcd -h
 your_host_name, and it worked..·!"