>my free advice:  purchase everything seperately.  when i look at these high
>end systems for 3000 and such, i really think you can make a system just as
>good or better piece by piece.

>of course, if you are poor folk like me, they you don't have much choice to
go >with an integrated & cheap system.  or save up money over the long
term.....

Certainly building your own is very rewarding - I can't imagine ever buying
an off the shelf PC again.  It's not a great deal cheaper, but if you
already have a PC you can retain the monitor, keyboard, mouse, disk drive,
CD Rom and just concentrate on the box initially.

Graham