Sometimes Windows will erroneously mark sectors as bad especially if it has
been more than a few months since the last time that you re-installed Windows
or if you use (or have used) an old version of Norton Utilities, like 3.0.
Normally I say that once a disk (floppy or hard) starts to go bad, chuck it.
>From many years of experience I have noticed that once a disk starts going
bad, its all down hill from there.  Plus disks are cheep these days and if you
can afford a computer, then you can afford to replace funky (and tiny) old
disk for something much bigger and better.