*haha*  i also learn best by breaking.  but since you were asking about books and
such.  let me recomend anything by O'Reily.  i bought Linux In A Nutshell.  very good.
 $35, but worth it.  make sure you get the 3rd edition.   and, as i like to remind
people, check your library.  my library here had a number of linux books, to include
the nutshell book, and a huge book on StarOffice.  so you can try before you buy.  and
even if they don't, use the inter library loan.  i just got the Pocket Guide To GIMP
by O'Reily via inter library loan.  i wouldn't pay for it, as it's going to change to
fast i figure, so i got to use it for free.   =)

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.
x 7042
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "scxxx linux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6:51:05 PM 2/8/01 >>>
S:

Ok.
Like you, I enjoy and learn fix broken things.

Thanks.
Chava