I think I have that same drive that you're talking about.  I went and bought the
20 Gigger and put in my system.     Here's what I had to go through.

First of all, the drive would seriously complain if it wasn't part of the MASTER
IDE chain.  Wouldn't even work if it wasn't!  I plugged in the drive, slapped in
my Win98 Bootdisk, formated an away we go.

I later took a 5 GB partition off that drive, (the first partion on the disk)
and then installed 7.1, and later 7.2 Mandrake.

As long as you install the OS, rather the /boot, on the first partion of the
drive everything will be fine.  I had to learn this trial and error and then
later found out that information.

Until last night my configuration was

Master
Quantum 12GB
Maxtor 20GB

Slave
Pioneer DvD-ROM
LS-120

The Linux install went just fine with my Win98 on the first 12 GB of the Quantum.
Before I installed Linux I had several disk partions.

C -=>  Win98
"D" -=>  Mandrake 7.2
D -=>  Small drive left over from "pretending to install" Lin4Win
E -=>  Games Drive
F -=>  Extra Drive (Used for backups, and dowloading junk.)

When I installed Mandrake it recognized the other drives and I could access them
for the most part from Mandrake.  (Of course you can't do that from WindBLOZE to
Mandrake though.

I didn't have to use Partition Magic, but I'm all about text based commands and the
like so I always use FDISK in DOS.  You may want to keep with Partition magic, or
whatever you're comfortable with.

There really shouldn't be anything too involved in getting this to work honestly.
Should
be a PNP for the most part.  (And the PNP doesn't stand for Plug and PRAY this time!
lol)

Hope that's helpful!
tdh
--
T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org

"Real Men use Vi."

* KompuKit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010131 22:46]: