On Friday 09 February 2001 12:59 pm, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:
>   I ran into this same problem.  I couldn't find the file in question
> by any file search method in the book.  I also got an error msg that
> I had two dialers running at the same time.  Couldn't find that file
> either. I tried looking for both files while I was on line, reasoning
> that they might be in some "common" area and being overwritten by
> some other process after I got off line.  No luck in finding them in
> that way either.  Finally reloaded the system in order to get rid of
> the prob (bruit force solution), but I'd sure like to know "what was
> up with that."  (G)

     Try opening Konqueror file manager to ----./netscape
     Then start Netscape,  you should see a -0-byte 'lock' file appear
in Konq's window, and disappear when Netscape is exited.  If you're not
seein that behavior then I have no idea what you've got wrong.
--
Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston Bay