You usually get that error when netscape crashes. Netscape puts that lock
file in there so that two people don't use the same config files as the same
time. Anyways, to fix it just remove the lockfile, "rm ~/.netscape/lock" when
Netscape isn't running, and then Netscape should start up just fine.

--
Anthony
http://binaryfusion.net