Romanator wrote:

> s wrote:
> >
> > Tom,
> > I have been trying to use the 'vanilla' kernel and believe as you suggest
> > that this is where my supermount troubles lie.  I have checked all the cooker
> > mirrors that will work for me and can only locate source-rpms and not the
> > src.rpms.  Would you be so kind as to post your favorite link(s) for the
> > download of these more recent kernels src.rpms?
> > TIAAA,
> > -s
>
> You're not the only one experiencing this. It's a pain...
>
> --
> Roman
> Registered Linux User  #179293

I think now though we can do things with a lot less pain involved. I
never bothered to think about the things that Tom mentioned in that
post. I'm downloading the src rpm now and when thats done I'm going to
get the header rpm from the cooker site. I have a feeling I'm going to
have a new experience with compiling a kernel when I'm done. Now if I
could just remember where I got those drivers for my turtle beach sound
card I could compile in the support for that card when I'm ready.

Any ideas?
--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being
worthless,"
        "Sharing is what makes them powerful."