Tom Brinkman wrote:

> On Saturday 10 February 2001 12:07 pm, Romanator wrote:
> > > Also, once I logged out to console to upgrade to KDE2.1

> > >     You shouldn't have logged out to upgrade KDE, you should've
> > > done it within your user desktop from an xterm.
> > > --
> > > Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston
> > > Bay
> >
> > I selected Logout->Console. Doesn't logging out of user through KDE
> > prompt do this?
>
>     What I'm sayin is you should've upgraded KDE while KDE was running.
> I've seen many people report that the proper way to do it is without X
> running, but that's wrong.  .... and those that think upgrading from
> level 3 is proper, are the ones that seem to have the most problems.
> Actually, I wonder how that rumor got started, Chris never advised
> shutting down X to upgrade KDE.
>
> --
> Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston Bay

Tom,

I've always upgraded KDE in a console without X running and I've never
had any troubles. Come to think of it I've only done it once "with" X
running and as I remember I didn't have any troubles, but it just seemed
better to me "not" to have X running when I did the upgrade.
--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being
worthless,"
        "Sharing is what makes them powerful."