Hello from the States.

I would like to offer my review for kde2.1beta 2

I for the most part liked all the new features, altho
some of them were broken, such as the blank kcontrol
thing, rendering it useless in root account.

I also liked the new config menu for Konqueror
but the user agent editor was broken would not
save the settings that you put in.

I lost the theme from Kde2 where the close X box was on the
left, where I wanted it, and in the beta2 I could not
find this theme anymore all the themes were with
the close box on the right which I did not want,
just preference, not crippling by any means, but
a strong preference.

The theme manager altho functional, was slightly
impaired due to the fact that you cannot add any
themes to it, nor find the original theme that
kde2 had by default.

It did sort of fix the Konq crashing, but the knotifeir
was broken, kept crashing causing the crash
notifiyer to keep coming up and be irritating.

Over all kde2.1beta2 was a nice update of features,
but at this time I do not feel it is for me to stick with
this and I went back to kde2 original.

I look forward to other's reviews of this beta
and to hear from them about the next review,
I might hold off on updating to any betas until
I hear from other people first, as I should not
have messed with my main machine, but I still
thank Chris for making them into rpm form
and I thank KDE for trying.

Thanks

Vic