-michael- wrote:

> I went to the 1st URL then got as far as the "choose "File" and "Save as..."
> part before I got confused. Konqueror doesn't afford me the option of doing
> that. I saved it as a plain text file in /usr/share/cups/model then opened a
> term and "service cups restart" then installed as lp and was unable to find
> the 2500 in the menu.

Can you try again using Netscape, I have explained how to do the stuff
with Netscape. Mozilla will probably work the same way. And make sure
that you give a name to the file which ends in ".ppd". Otherwise CUPS
will not find the file. If it still does not work, send me the file
which you have downloaded.

>BTW, the Stylus Photo 2000P driver doesn't work. This
> printer/scanner (i don't care about the scanner) is hooked up parallel not
> usb.

Have you tried the PPD file? Most driver are independent on the type of
connection. One can use the same driver for parallel, USB, or ethernet
connection. There are only few exceptions.

   Till