mischaco,

> x crashes , leaving no details 100 % of the time with no
> discernable pattern .
> i have installed mandrake 7.1 and 7.2 with similar results .
> there are NO irq issues , usb is disabled .
> i have used every video card i own :

> the issue is worse when i use a 3 button ( optical or ball ,
> with or without a wheel ) mouse .

> i have used the 7.2 upgrade cd and upgraded the system with
> drakconf .

> the system is stable for about 3 seconds to about 24 hours .
> this is getting a little old . heard of this before ? any help
> with this ?

  I'm not expert, & I've not seen anyting ~quite~ like this in
Linux, but I have in Windows.  Three things come to mind:  1. The
resolution you're using.  Too high a res for the driver in
question can really cause problems.  2. The mouse driver.  The
wrong mouse driver will easily do this.  3. The font you're
using.  Each or all three are notorious for this kind of thing.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux