Hi Lance,

I've a dual-boot 98se/Linux box at home, and I didn't have this problem. Are you using
a system restore version of 98SE (perhaps one that came with your computer) - the
restore may be re-imaging the HD, partitions and all.

A way around this my be to start with a clean HD, install 98se on a single partition,
then use FIPS or similar to repartition the drive without losing the 98 install. You
can then install linux on the new partitions.

Hope this helps
Dave

David Grubb - Internet / Intranet Content Officer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       +61 2 9895-7408
Department of Land and Water Conservation
Sydney,  Australia

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/15 12:12 pm >>>
When I install Windows 98 Second Edition it runs a test to see if the primary
master hard drive is partitioned into 2 or more drives. I have a 40 GB which
I split up into 2 20GB drives. When I install windows it erases the 2
partitions and creates one large 40 GB making it impossible for me to dual
boot. Is there a way I can make windows install without erasing that second
partition?

To try to fix this problem I installed my old 10 GB drive, put win on that
and tried to put linux on the full 40. When I ran the cooker (From Linux
Mandrake 7.1)
and get to the partition check spot it will only read about 8 GB worth of
information. I can not make the drive bigger. I just paid 180 for this drive
and I am really getting mad that I cant get it to work. If someone knows a
way around either one of these errors(or purhaps both) I would really really
appriciate it.!

Thanks in advance!
~Lance