On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:47:29 -0800
"April" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip..>

>  So, does anyone know of an -intelligent- way to go about guessing my
>  monitor specifications?  And, is there a way to change the configuration
>  for the monitor without completely re-installing?  An hour between
>  getting to guess makes guessing completely no fun.

Get behind your monitor and look for serial numbers, part numbers, FCC id's
etc.

Then go to:     http://driverguide.com/
There is/are search facilities there which _should_ point you in the right
direction.

You can also boot to your non-GUI console (At lilo prompt, type 'linux 3'
(without the quotes)) and run 'Xconfigurator' (again no quotes') and from
there try various monitor types, starting with the 'High Frequency SVGA'
and so on until you find something which fits.

But try the link above first - there are further links to sites where
monitor specs are listed.

Cheers

John

---
                         Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)