-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Nick
Sent: Monday, 19 February 2001 8:48 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [newbie] eh?

I must confess to being an absolute 'newbie' on Linux. I have managed to
install lm7.2 correctly. all my devices see to be working ok except my usb
deskjet895cxi printer which i'm not too fussed about yet. what i am
desperate for though, is to install a '98 emulator to continue using
office2000 (sorry guys, but i really do need to use it!). i've tried the
'wine' thing using the rpm manager in knome but the damn thing still doesn't
appear in my program list. I really would like to use the vmware or whatever
it's called but don't know where to start. i need a real idiots guide to
downloading/installing, etc taking me right from switching on my pc to
switching it off! I'm pretty much a whizz on '98 / win2k, etc but Linux is
killing me. I was born and raised of DOS3.21 and i'm really struggling.
help!

p.s, while i'm on the subject. what's the best e-mail client currently. i'm
after something similar to oe5 but without the vb / java script support
crap!

The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments)
are confidential and may be legally privileged.
person or entity to whom it is addressed.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material permanently from any computer.