Keith wrote:

> Have an 8 gig hard disk with Windows 98 on the primary partition.
> Installed Mandrake 7.0, no problems, could boot to either Windows 98 or
> Mandrake 7.0 with no problems.
>
> I had to reinstall Windows 98 a few days ago, ow I cannot boot to
> Mandrake 7.0.  The Linux partition should be OK.  How do I reinstall
> LILO without damaging the Windows 98 partition?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ===Keith
===============================
How did you dual boot?  Grub?  Lilo?  Third party (BootMagic)?  M$ OS wipe out the mbr
when they are installed.  Use your linux boot disk (you did make one during the
installation didn't you?) to get back into Linux.  If you use lilo to dual boot, run
/sbin/lilo as root and that should fix the problem.  Check /etc/lilo.conf to be
certain it's not in need of editing first though.
HTH,
Mike
--
"Many loads of beer were brought. What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing, and
dreadful idolatry took place there."