Francisco Alcaraz Ariza wrote:

> I have a winmodem in my laptop and I have reached it to telephon, but it
> doesn't work well (this was made using lucent modules). I think that the
> better solution is buy a cheap external modem, they work fine; try with your
> Texas external modem.
>
> I hope this could help you.
>
> Francisco Alcaraz
> Murcia (Spain)

Francisco, if you can connect, but it takes several tries, you might try
changing your modem initialization string.  I have a Cirrus Logic chip
that would connect, but often taking several redials.  I looked up
"modem initialization string" in Google, and visited several sites that
had several different strings listed for my modem.  I started trying
them until I found one that really works.  Now I can connect first time,
every time.  Worth a try!