hi,

I installed Mandrake 7.2 onto 10 G of my hard drive. I have an HP 933 Mhz 40
gig hard drive ( 30 Win me and 10 Linux Mandrake)  Everything went well (for
the most part)
I went into Drake conf to get my modem and sound card running and happened to
notice that I have 3 Cd devces. One is the DVD player ( samsung ) and the
other two are the CDRW. So I check the CDRWs and find out that one seems to
be my sound card. Has this ever happened to anyone else? and how do you
correct it?

I'm also having trouble finding the drivers for my Convexant soft 56k modem
(rockwell). Yes I know it's a Win modem! If I can't get it running I have a
spare internal Texas Instruments 56K, (is that supported?) I can install.

I've been working trying to get up and running for about 3 weeks. My
boyfriend has everything running on his Viao laptop except the modem. I want
to be up and running soon so we can start working on a server.
Any help would be great.

marianne