After a new install my Xwindows has horizontal lines making most
applications INCLUDING DrakConf applications basically unusable. Perhaps if
I could get Xwindows working reasonably I could address some of the other
problems I am having. I reinstalled this morning - still horizontal lines
making most X applications INCLUDING DRAKCONF (smartass) basically unusable.
If anybody who is not a smartass can give me a clue as to how to correct my
Xwindows problem then I think I can figure the rest out for myself.

The card according to Windows Device Manager is Trident
9685/9680/9682/9685/9382/9385-1 PCI
It was discovered by the Mandrake install as Trident Microsystems TGUI9660
(generic) TGUI 9660/968x/968x

All non-smart-asses - I cannot use DrakConf effectively because I can't even
read most Xscreens because of this problem. I'm posting this to the Newbie
list and not the expert list because I AM a newbie, but I am not an idiot. I
know how to search the net and RTFM but after about 6 hours of frustration I
post a question and the only response is to use an X app which I cannot even
use because of the horizontal lines. Good grief!

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Cell Phone - (423)-817-0704