Dear folks,
I have the next problems:

A) Sometimes kwintv hung and it is impossible to kill it (kill -9 ps or
killall kwintv doesn't work). If I shutdown the computer every thing
seems to be OK, but starting the computer again, the partition hdb8
(/home) is not well umounted and needs to be fixed.
One time I did: umount /home before to shutdown and the message doesn
appear when the computer started again, but this is not a good solution,
If kwintv hang and I like to watch tv I need to shutdown the computer.

Does anybody know a way to kill efectively kwintv when this occurs?

B) I have an Avermedia TVCapture98 tv-card, but when mandrake start it
detects an Avermedia TVPhone98. Both are so similar, but the bttv code
differs and to have the tv working I need to introduce in modules.conf
the bttv module with parameters (card=16).
Is there anyway to force linux recognized the right card? or it is the
modules.conf modification is the only solution?

Thanks a lot for your kind help,

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)