Title: RE: [newbie] Testing for bad RAM
I took the suspect ram sticks back to the shop where I bought them and the tech put it in a windows box and booted it up. It booted right up, so they said the memory was tested ok. They gave me an exchange anyway, but I thought it interesting that their test was to boot it and let the bios test tell them if it was ok. That's fine i'm back to 256M and it was instantly recognized in LM7.2 on boot.  Dennis M.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Myers, Dennis R NWO
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 8:45 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [newbie] Testing for bad RAM

This is the funny thing about my situation, no crashes, no weird things going on, I just can't get linux to recognize my ram. The system doesn't even seem to run any slower, transfers of web pages and searches are as fast as ever. I am thinking motherboard, so I will try suggested test of putting the ram in another box and see if it causes problems there. Two of the sticks are only a couple of months old and I should be able to exhchange them if I can determine good or bad.