I am having problems again with my Linux system.  Here is the basics
about it...

Linux Mandrake 7.0 is the version
Pentium 133Mhz system
80mb of RAM
Permedia 3000 video card (4mb)
Sony 100SX monitor (SVGA)
10.2gb hard drive for Linux ONLY
Zoltrix external 33.6kbps modem
Zip 100 External Drive (Parallel)
HP610CL Deskjet printer

Now the problems...

Xwindows will NOT install properly due to the screen always going blank
when I select the options given to me while having the # prompt, I
typed in Xconfigurator and a program comes up where I can select, but
then after selecting it goes blank on me, with the only recourse to
reboot my entire system.

Now, I am trying to set up my system to be able to call, using the
modem, to my internet provider (T-Three) and I don't know how to set
this up.  I went into the # prompt, and typed in userconf and it came
up with menu selections, but I don't know how to do any of this.

NOTE: I do NOT have any instructions as that someone just gave me the
CD ROMs and the install boot floppy.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Richard Wegner
Linux Newbie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====