Thinnet networks are subject to something akin to "standing waves".

The signal "bounces" off of one end of the cable and back. This results in
an "echo" which is 180 degrees out of phaze with the next incoming wave...

The two cancel out and you end up with a dead spot on the cable, where if
you plug something in, you get no response.

The Ethernet terminators are there to reduce or eliminate this, which is why
they are at the physical "ends" of the cable.

They are not always successful.

You may be seeing the same.

You may have a bad "T" connector as well. I've seen more bad "T" connectors
than one would expect.

Check your lan cables. Make sure that the center pin is not being pushed
into the socket when you plug it into the Ethernet card or T connector. This
will also cause problems. The center pin must not move so it can penetrate
the receptacle.

Since your LAN setup worked for awhile look for a physical problem of some
sort.

-JMS