On Thursday 01 March 2001 09:31, you wrote:
> Which file should I download, the tar.gz or the src.rpm file?  Thanks!
I downloaded the tar.gz file.  save it in your home directory.
Now be sure that you stands in your home directory, if you are not sure, in
the terminal type: < cd ~/ >
now unpack the packet: < tar -xvzf licq-1.0.2.tar.gz >
and move to the directory which contalins the unpacked files:
 < cd ./licq-1.0.2/ >
configure the program: < ./configure --with-kde > (< --with-kde > only if you
use
kde)
now type: < make > (tihs makes the program ready for your system).
now you only miss to install the program: < su -c "make install" > (the < su
-c >command let you install the program as root, you will be asked for the
root password).
Some of the processes may take some time - pe patient.
Good luck       /Peter. :-)