Romanator wrote:

> Bill Barto wrote:
> >
> > I remember seeing this neat graphical display the first time I booted
> > 7.2
> > but haven't seen it since. If this was Aurora and it shows as installed
> > on my system(in KPackage) how do I get it to run automatically at
> > bootup?
>
> Log in as root. If you have Grub install open the Grub folder and the
> file menu.1st
> Add the vga=788 to the kernel line. Save and reboot your computer.
> By the way, ensure that you have the following files installed:
>
> initscripts-5.27-37mdk.i586
> open-1.14-12mdk.i586
> glibc-2.1.3-16mdk.i586
> Aurora
>
> --
> Roman
> Registered Linux User #179293
> The Original Tux Email Thread Creator

Aurora is installed.
init*5.27-37 is installed
glibc-2.1.3-16 is installed

open-1.14-12 NOT installed(where do I get it)

Packagemgr shows grub installed at /usr/sbin/grub
Cannot find a folder named grub
Clicking on /usr/sbin/grub seems to activate my floppy drive.
Cannot locate menu.1st file(or similar line in grub-install)
Grub-install has no kernel line.

I recall seeing vga=788 line during bootup process?

Bill

*****just realized hours later that I boot LILO from a floppy. Just
found Grub in the
boot dir and menu.1st was there. Contained vga=788 in the kernel(image)
line.