On Friday 09 March 2001 20:17, you wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Do to the lack of a readme file, I ran an rpm -Uvh --nodeps --force
> *.rpm, as I was getting all sorts of dependency errors while upgrading
> from KDE2.1 beta 2 to KDE2.1 Final Release. Bad idea. I had to reinstall
> MDK7.2.
>
> I'm back to square one KDE2. Which rpms are need to upgrade to the final
> release and in which order?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Roman
> Registered Linux User #179293
Roman this is exactly the way I did it and I had no problem except with
printing, I broke cups somehow. So, the thing is did you  really have the
install from KDE2.1beta2 or a lower release? My install of 2.1 final was on
top of the beta 2 and I had to add two other packages I can't remeber and add
 "apdm" package. Wait I'll look and see what they were, (into konsole looking
at kpackage)  ok, I think it was libg++  and a glibc package. Then I went to
console mode completely out of KDE and used the rpm -Uvh --nodeps --force
*.rpm and then did the     rpm --rebuilddb and then   upgrade-menus -v  and
then rebooted and here I am back with KDE2.1   If this is the same way that
you did it I do not understand the problem except.......... Civileme
indicated that you should be sure and do the hdparm -d1 /dev/hd?   with the
question mark being your harddrive letter.  That optimisation may be the
difference?  I have just reached the end of my knowledge base, hope something
in all that mess helps you.
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842