The answer to this one, for me, is that I couldn't give a crap what os my
pda uses (it's a Palm BTW)

The point about my PDA, and I would cry for days if anything happened to it
;o)  is that it does three or four essential tasks extremely well.  It
maintains my calndar/schedule brilliantly, and does a great job with my
address list.  Even more important, for now, is that it interfaces well with
Outlook so I can keep it synchronised with my laptop. Oh and it has a great
game of Hearts on it.

If I wanted to tinker, or do other things then I would use a device more
suited to the purpose, like a laptop or desktop machine.  I acknowledge that
those folding keyboards are great for making a pda more useable but frankly
I see the use of a PDA for anything more than basic tasks as akin to using a
hammer to drive a screw, possible but not the best tool for the job.

The only area where I have been tempted by another device is the
Handspring - which uses Palm os.  It 'writes' better and more effectively
and it takes useful clip-ons like sat-nav or digital cameras.  The
underlying point being that these too are very dedicated apps.

regards

Daryl Johnson
Proplan Associates