M J wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I have noticed that in mandrake 8 some dev are differend than in 7.2
>
> I am not near my linux so this is what I remember
>
> open cd-player and find preferences or someting like that

I did not see any icon or drop-down list cd cd-player(from kde,
multimedia, sound) named preferences,
  I tried KMid , try to open file from /mnt/cdrom it show blank on that
location even I put the Filter content as *(mean any files)  or
/dev/cdrom it reponse /dev/cdrom is not a regular file>

hope to see your help again or any successful uers 's help

sincere
eric