If I buy the disc imaging program Ghost 6.5 and install it
on the Win2000 primary channel hard drive, will the program
be able to see my MK7.2 ext2 system on a second hard drive
set as master on the secondary IDE controller?

My goal is to get a convenient, speedy way to backup my Linux
system so I will be less hesitant to try modifying it for my
special needs.

Could I get this convenience by splitting the second hard drive
(devoted to Linux) into an experimental partition and a backup
partition?  Would the dd command allow a complete restore of
a saved backup, to the experimantal partition, without a lot of
manual intervention?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Don