Title: RE: [newbie] Backup needed

I believe ghost is a vfat environment program, not absolutely sure. If you can check into DriveCopy, the adds I have seen say it works with all windows and linux OS's. It sells for about 25 U.S. and can be used on single, multiple partitions or to copy one drive to another entirely. Just a suggestion, I have not had a chance to research it myself, only going by the ads.  Dennis M.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Don Mayhew
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 12:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Backup needed

If I buy the disc imaging program Ghost 6.5 and install it
on the Win2000 primary channel hard drive, will the program
be able to see my MK7.2 ext2 system on a second hard drive
set as master on the secondary IDE controller?

My goal is to get a convenient, speedy way to backup my Linux
system so I will be less hesitant to try modifying it for my
special needs.

Could I get this convenience by splitting the second hard drive
(devoted to Linux) into an experimental partition and a backup
partition?  Would the dd command allow a complete restore of
a saved backup, to the experimantal partition, without a lot of
manual intervention?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Don