On Thursday 15 March 2001 12:42 pm, Adam Baxter wrote:
> Yet that's the wierd thing, I shouldn't have SCSI on my computer..the
> commands came with the origional kernel on Madrake 7.2. How would I turn
> the SCSI emulation off?

     Usually the line  append=" hdd=ide-scsi"  is in there to accomodate a
CD-RW or some CDroms that need scsi emulation.  If you have neither, try
removing that line from lilo.conf.   You may or may not still need an
initrd.img.  It's not entirely clear to me, but you may need ram disk
suppport if you leave scsi emulation in the kernel, or use the fb device
for Aurora (ie,  vga=788). I believe the safe thing to do would be to go
ahead and make an initrd.img. I think that's why your kernel can't load
into ram (ie, black screen)
--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever,
 he's won his 8th and  His Greatest Championship